Root cuttings.

rmbill(6a)March 30, 2012

Can Brugs be started from Root cuttings? I read some stuff about them and was wondering. It seems a very simple way to propagate.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Here you go Bill- check this out- angel trumpets are at the top of the list! Let us know how it goes!

http://www.weekendgardener.net/plant-propagation/rootcuttings-120812.htm

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 9:38AM
rmbill(6a)

Thanks Kathy. I am going to trim the roots on all of my mature plants and repot them, so this is a good time to give it a try.
Bill

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 11:02PM
marcie_new(z8)

Thanks for the link. I know I have not been here in a while it is not that I have forgottten this place its just that we have been buzy with life, well trying to stay in it!! and now it seems we are staying in!!! yepe horay horay for us!! We are the new recipients of a heart!!And so the recovery process begins well has began we are 2 weeks into this new venture.That is how long ago I have seen my bruggies hoping to get around to go see them Tuesday. Marcie

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 12:14AM
kasha77

Fantastic, Marcie! Prayers go up for you and your family for a speedy recovery! God is good! Glad to have you back!

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 8:48AM
figara(Ca 9)

Thanks Kathy for the link.

Bill, now you have a project to report on.

Marcie, prayers for your husband for a speedy recovery.

Pat

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 2:30PM
rmbill(6a)

Marcie, I knew that your husband got a new heart. I am so glad that he is doing well. Let me know if you lost your Brugs. I'll fix you up if needed. Maybe with plants from root cuttings, if it works. We missed you here.
Bill

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 7:15PM
kasha77

Bill, I armed myself with this new knowledge and took root cuttings of a beautiful new clear yellow hibiscus tree that I recently purchased and re potted. It was so root bound I had to root prune it. The description says it grows to 15'! We'll see!

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 1:00PM
rmbill(6a)

Kathy, I recently saw a clear yellow Hibiscus. It is beautiful. Congratulations on your new venture with the root cutting. I have to trim the roots on this one. Would you be interested in trading?
Bill

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 12:14AM
kasha77

OO LA LA! I like it! Here's a photo of my yellow- it's a single but very strikingly beautiful. I'd love to trade root cuttings with you. Can we trade a few small stem cuttings of it as well, in case the root cuttings don't take? Let me know. Send me an email with your addie again if you want to trade, & I'll ship it out!
Thanks!

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 2:18PM
rmbill(6a)

That's the the one that I saw. I love it. I'll email you.
Bill

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
brugs for trade
I have these Brugs. Looking to trade. Infinity Phanomenal Tiara Rosa...
maile_2010
Malted barley Teas
I always end up with extra cuttings so I root them...
rednofl
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
Brug Tree Vs Scrub
This is my first year growing brugs and I'm addicted....
halley_rose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™