sky pencils

tme112June 14, 2007

Does anyone have any expierence with sky pencils? I live in southern ca and want to make sure it's not to hot out here before I purchase them. Also, I am a complete novice at gardening. How would I plant them and how much water is moderate? I have a sprinkler system, so how long would I put them on the plants a day. I know this is a loaded question, but any help would be appriciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

from what I can see on google it's a very attractive shrub/tree, but what we need to know is what your planting zone is, what kind of enviornment did you plan on putting it in, etc. etc. I think it might be a good idea, also to visit your local nursery or wherever you plan on making this purchase and getting all your questions answered from a source that is in the same locale as you. It's tough learning to garden at first, but ask questions and hopefully you'll get directed to a reliable source of information.

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 12:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youreit

Also, tme, there might be more folks over in the Discussions area who are from SoCal with experience growing this tree.

We're in the off-topic area, which doesn't mean you can't post plant stuff, but it just means less people will see your question(s). :)

Brenda

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
Western Sword Fern (Polysticum munitum) very brown
My Western Sword Ferns are looking very brown. I really...
kookoo2
Native ground cover for San Jose area
Hello! Would love some suggestions for a Bay Area (inland)...
Sheila Schmitz
Podocarpus (fern pine): a monster?
My neighbor told me that my new collection of five...
ruby138
Is there an "easy" red Kangaroo paw???
I planted 2 "Big Red" KP about a month ago....
Sabine Halfhill
Nasturtiums and Cannabis
To avoid Nasturtiums taking over my garden next year...
patmonk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™