I love firefox.

socal23(USDA10/Sunset23)June 16, 2006

I have a couple of extensions that some of you may be interested in:

No Script automatically blocks j-a-v-a-s-c-r-i-p-t (I was redirected when I posted just the word), but allows you to selectively enable it for sites that require it (either temporarily or permanently). This allows you to (for example) enable gardenweb scripts but leave other scripts on its pages blocked (like the ivillage survey; I filled it out once, I'm not doing it again).

Adblock allows you to selectively block advertizements (those not affected by No Script) you find obnoxious. Best part is, the more you do it, the less often you have to do so (there are after all, a finite number of advertizements and most are pretty common).

And just for fun there is Stumble Upon. Just click the Stumble! icon that appears at the top left of the browser window and you will be transported to a random website based on preferences you set up (gardening, science, sports, religion, politics - whatever) that you can rank. You can also rank a website that you particularly like which will lead others with similar preferences to that site.

You can also go to the main Firefox Addon Page and browse through other interesting available addons.

And of course, here is the page for downloading Firefox

Ryan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socal23(USDA10/Sunset23)

Moving on down the line.

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 12:33PM
djlandkpl(6)

I haven't been able to use FF to access the forums for about 2 weeks now. I have Adblock installed. The forum messages will not load even in safe mode. Anyone else the problem?

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 12:38PM
leahcate(So. Ca.)

Me too, me too!
But love it as I do, I'd have still been hating GW without the help of kind members , especially 'camp, in Decor, who gave me the final secret word....NOSCRIPT!
I had this awful Chaps ad video that acted as a gatekeepr and locked it up on every clik. It's everything SOCAL said, and now I have zero ads anywhere here.wheeeeee.
Now I'm gonna go look at "Stumble upon"...sounds neat..thanks :>)

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 12:12PM
caavonldy(8/9 N CA)

I love it. GW is so much nicer without all the ads. Once in a while, when I want to follow a link, I have to tell Noscript that it is safe. It is really a great application. I have been using Foxfire for several years, I think it's the best.
Donna

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 7:05PM
publickman

Don't upgrade to Firefox 5 if you use the Google toolbar, or else you will lose it, and there is no prediction for when you will be able to get it back. I'm using an older version of Firefox.

Lars

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
My moonflowers won't bloom!
Hi. I'm Laura and I'm pretty new to gardening but I...
Laura Casconi
So Cal - TOP 3 Tomatoes
If you live in Southern California, and you could plant...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Privacy Trees?
Good afternoon, I'm hoping to find a recommendation...
sirwoodland
Looking for Soil Testing Company Recommendations
I'd like to have my soil tested and would like some...
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
Shrubs for zone 9b (Riverside)
What shrubs have these attributes: Evergreen Height:...
Gary
Sponsored Products
New Hand Knotted Wool Mojave Collection 4' X 6' Super Kazak Geometric Rug H4078
BH Sun Inc
Big Horn I
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Elan Krysalis 9 1/2" High Chrome Wall Sconce
$77.00 | Lamps Plus
Scarabeo by Nameeks Zefiro Floor Mounted Toilet - ART. 8210
$768.00 | Hayneedle
Toikka Bird - Sooty Owl by Iittala
$475.00 | Lumens