Bad news!!!

rmbill(6a)March 7, 2011

I was planning to give a number of my extra plants for postage, BUT. Last night I let the propane run out for my greenhouse and I froze all of my seedlings and cuttings. I was sure I had enough for the night but I was wrong. The sad thing is I had a full tank setting right there. I also froze my plants that I had in dormancy, until last week, but they will come back. I think most of the cuttings will come back but I"m sure the seedlings are history and they were doing great, too. Oh well, I have more seeds to start.

Dummy me, Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Oh Bill, that's our worst nightmare! I am so sorry for you, and hope many of your brugs surprise you by reviving again.
Wow, so sad! Hope you're able to start again! :)
kasha77

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 9:37PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Sorry for the miscalculation and resulting loss of plants. Glad that you still have seeds to start again.

After those kinds of mistakes I have learned to give myself "a talking to" and go on. Expect you have also.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 12:10AM
karyn1(7a)

I'm sorry to hear that happened. If you find that the EF seeds froze I have more that I can send you.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 7:06AM
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

Bill,
Sorry to hear of your loss. That has been one of my biggest fears, loseing my plants to a personal mistake. Look at my trade/postage list. Maybe I can help you with replacements if yours don't rebound.
Jerry

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 10:08AM
rednofl(9b Goldenrod Fl hz 10)

Ouch !! I am amazed the lengths some of you have to go to to enjoy these beautiful plants.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
goodgirl35us
Brug cuttings:
Good morning all, would like to know if anyone has...
plantmasterm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™