Need transportation ideas!

calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)November 11, 2008

Some of you know that due to a medical condition I can no longer drive, car& license are gone..but I have a real problem reg. transportation. The transportation for seniors informed me that they are closed down due to lack of funds. Called taxi co. and would have to file bankrupsy in just a few trips. Yes, I still have my DD, but she lives several miles from me and I hate imposing on her. Now remember I'm 82 so roller blades are out of the question, besides we don't have sidewalks where I live. I was thinking that maybe a golf cart would do, but haven't been able to get straight talk about driving restrictions on a cart or mechanized wheelchair. If you have any suggestions I surely would appreciate hearing about them.Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CA Kate

Have you contacted your local AARP chapter. They might have some local suggestions.

I use to drive for the Red Cross. I'd pick up folks at their homes and then take them to Dr./Dentist/hospital/PT/etc. appointments, and then take them home again. Not all Red Cross Chapters do this, but it's worth asking.

Sometimes churches have volunteer drivers too.

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 7:41PM
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

Thanks Westelle for jogging my brain, I will call those agencies this a.m. And good luck with your olives. I really think the ripe olives should be tossed. Oil is generally pressed when the olive reaches maturity and that's when it's green with a satin like sheen....Pat

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 10:11AM
lesdvs9

Hey Pat, you may have already invesitgated this and some may not be in service but I put this on a link for you. I'd be interested in know what is available.
Les

Here is a link that might be useful: info

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 1:52PM
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

Leslie, thanks so much for info. Although the link covers other areas I think it gives me a hint as to where to start looking. Pat

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 11:28AM
lesdvs9

I thought it might help because it covered your city and county areas and thought there might be something there to help. Someone who could refer you to something that is active. Let us know if anything pans out. I'd hate to be tied to having my son or DIL taking me places, you feel like you're bothering them. No matter what they say, you need to feel you have some independence.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
Sunset Magazine slowly being gutted
A real shame. I've been a subscriber for decades, ever...
jkom51
Avocado: Sharwil!
Folks, I've been looking for a source for a Sharwil...
NorCalNiko
Please Help Save the Monarch Butterflies
I posted this info to the Butterfly Garden Forum, but...
Evelyn256
Ever wondered about Moon Valley Nursery?
If you're a fossil like me and still subscribe to a...
kentc
Where in Southern CA can I buy a bag of Dried Calimyrna figs?
My closest stupid town has one supermarket chain and...
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™