WANTED: New Member & Gardner, Need Help

meocuenca(9)May 16, 2011

Hello :). We are trying to get our yard back in order and begin a garden. We would gladly make use of any seeds, though, we are desperately trying to obtain seeds for strawberry, blueberry, seedless green grapes, dwarf lemon, dward blood orange, drawf kumquat, and a willow try. We are in the South Bay Area of California (Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose)... I would be able to trade cuttings from roses (pink, yellow, or deep red) and bird of paradise, or seeds we bought from local nursery/store - sorry it's not much of an offering but it's what we got so far :). thanks for reading!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropical_thought(San Francisco)

You can't grow trees from seeds, they must be grafted to root stocks. You can't grow a rose from a cutting. It won't work. I don't know about grapes and blueberries, but I was under the impression you must buy a vine. I would use google to look up how to grow and care tips for each of the plants you want, and you find out how to best plant each one. Strawberries will work from seeds, but seeds are mostly for annual plants. Gardening is pretty expensive over all with the soil admendments and can't be done well on a budget. Seeds are difficult to germinate also look up seed germiantion tips for each plant before planting any seeds. All the information is out there on google.

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 3:44PM
girlwithagreenthumb(9)

I could give you strawberry and blueberry seeds in exchange for some yellow rose cuttings and stevia seeds if you have them

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 2:01AM
mark4321_gw

Hi,

I don't have much in the way of edibles, but I'd be happy to give you some seeds, cuttings, and maybe some rooted things for postage if you are interested.

Not all the seeds I have are easy to grow, and some of the plants have a reputation as difficult. In our climate given the right location most should be fairly easy.

I grew up in Sunnyvale, and now live in San Carlos. So I'm familiar with your climate and we should generally be able to grow the same things.

I'll contact you privately with more details.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Subtropical fruit trees
I have to trade Florida sweet Barbados cherry trees...
Billwgreenthumb
WANTED: Peperomia Pellucida
Hi, I am looking for Peperomia Pellucida plants. If...
Nancy1990
HAVE: 5-6 ft tall nursery grafted peach & apple trees
SCal San Gabriel Valley area. Must dig. I am actually...
funlul
WANTED: New member. looking for seeds sase
Looking for some herbs and small plants to get started...
shikamaru94
HAVE: looking for different tropical hibiscus
I have some doubles of some hibiscus I could trade...
Hibiscus_0bsessed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™