Bromelien Westermann

tomas(z9 Rome, Italy)October 2, 2008

Finaly we have a good source for bromeliads here in Europe! I have already ordered from this nursery, but since then they have enlarged their web site and put also some pictures of their greenhouse, so I could spot some of the most wanted plants and get them. Here are the names, you surely will know which is which. Aechmea orlandiana Ensign, Aechmea orlandiana pink, Billbergia Fascinator, Neoregelia Aztec, Neoregelia Color Parade, Neoregelia concentrica, Neoregelia Hybride, Neoregelia Midnight, Tillandsia dyeriana, Vriesea corcovadensis, Vriesea platynema variegata, 2 Vriesea Red Chestnut, Vriesea rubyae, Werauhia marnier-lapostolei, Vriesea Nova

I especialy hope that the orlandianas and the neoregelias will grow for me, so I will take more.

Tomas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hotdiggetydam

Good selection Tomas. Where is the nursery located?

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 10:40AM
sander_s

Seems like a good source. Tomas already told me to pay him a visit. Westermann is a few hours drive away from me, he's just across the border. I will when I have the time.

I think he is a lurker on the GW.
So hi Bert... :-)

Sander

Here is a link that might be useful: Westermann

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 11:16AM
tomas(z9 Rome, Italy)

Hi Sander,

do not forget to take some photos, there can be some other surprises hidden there ;-)

Tomas

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 12:13PM
avane_gw

Nice plants Tomas! You have got a beautiful Midnight! And I am sure your orlandianas will look wonderful if you mount them where they will get some direct sun. You must watch out for the nice temperature bands that Color Parade will give you when it starts growing again after Winter.

Japie

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 2:47PM
kxs106

Nice Collection.

A. Ensign is looking really nice.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 9:40PM
mike4284m(z10b Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Nice pick ups! That 'Midnight' does look great. I'm still trying to figure out how to perfect that nice dark color.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 10:02PM
kerry_t_australia(9)

I'm glad there are more great broms available to you all in Europe.
Tomas - all those new babies look healthy and well grown, and reasonably priced too. Wishing you lots of future enjoyment from them.

Cheers,
Kerry

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 12:48AM
hotdiggetydam

Tomas did that plant shipment require any sanitation paperwork to ship to you?

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 9:50AM
tomas(z9 Rome, Italy)

Japie and Kerry, thank you for your wishes!

Yes, the plants are well grown and the coloration is realy exceptional if you consider that the sun of north-western Germany is not realy tropical! My Vriesea Nova is growing well here in Rome but it is loosing the nice white variegation even if it is exposed to a lot of filtered sun.

There are no borders for the good circulation inside Europe, so no control and no certification is required. All the phyto control of the plant production is based on self-certification and the nursery grants for the health of the plants. some may take it seriously, some not, but the responsibility is of the nurserymen.

Tomas

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
ID help for a couple of things at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando
I was at Leu Gardens earlier this week and, among a...
gdadtravelinig
Pitcairnia bloom or more leaves?
I've only been growing this plant for a year.
anygreen
ID please
PAnother blooming that needs ID Thanx Carmen
gardencraze
Is this a bromeliad???
I got this from my aunt, who wasn't sure what it is....
embolton0620
What type of brom is this?
This bromeliad is fairly large --at least 3 feet in...
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™