What type of haworthia is this please.

eclipse3August 7, 2006

I have been looking on the net for hours, and I cant find this exact haworthia anywhere. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places, or maybe it isn't a haw. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thanks.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
martyb

If you haven't tried this one yet, here's a page that might be helpful. Or just overwhelming.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Asphodelaceae/Haworthia.html

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 2:53PM
shrubs_n_bulbs(z8/9 UK)

I'm not a Haworthia expert, but I'd say that was a hybrid involving H. truncata.

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 3:00PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Eclipse,

Shrubs is quite right, that IS a Hawrothia of some type of truncata or truncata hybrid.

I might add quite lovely, I've never seen one w/ rounded, curved leaves like that. The distinctive characteristic of H. truncata are those sort of chopped off looking leaves, mine are squared off, not round as yours & some folks refer to how they look as sort of the spines of books if you now what I mean.

Yours looks healthy & happy, I commend your good growing & suggest you keep doing exactly as you have been.

Bookmark   August 9, 2006 at 6:16PM
aloecrazy(8b, Tallahassee)

Yours is similar to the Haworthia cv. 'Whirlpool' truncata hybrid that I bought earlier this summer from the 2006 ISI at the Huntington. It's quite beautiful, as yours is.

Here is a link that might be useful: ISI 2006-23 Haworthia Whirlpool Trager

Bookmark   August 10, 2006 at 9:51PM
eclipse3

Thanks everyone! Yeah, that last pic "whirlpool" does look like mine. I am thinking about checking with my brother who works at the greenhouse where I got it. Apparently some guy has a huge cacti and succulent collection in one of the buildings there. I wonder if that is where this came from, or if they ordered it? I guess I just have to go in and ask sometime. I am there all of the time, I just forget:o) Thanks again for the help.

Bookmark   August 11, 2006 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
Echinocereus viridiflorus in the snow
I have a lot of nice hardy cacti in my outdoor rock...
cactus_cowboy
ID this cactus?
I got this little guy from Al's about a month ago....
allyhaas
Gymnocalycium mihanovichii var. friedrichii
Hi, I have included a pic of my Gymnocalycium mihanovichii...
dirt_farmer
Id this one for me please!
The tall one in the back, thanks!
vngavnga
id help
Cant figure out exactly what this cactus is
youngbuck1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™