Sad day :(

willie_n_txMarch 25, 2010

Well yesterday there was apparently a bad wind storm while I was out of town. I come home and nearly all the leaves are blown off or broken in half on my brugs. All of the buds are gone and there are several broken branches.... Hopefully i can nurse them back and maybe they will still bloom this year but it is unlikely. Literaly all the growth tips are gone now :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ifraser25(z11 Brazil)

Don't be too despondent. It is low temps rather than wind that kills Glory Bushes. Just tidy the plant up and cut away parts that you think will have been damaged. I'll be surprised if it doesn't recover.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 1:28AM
karyn1(7a)

Believe me they'll recover and bloom, probably several times over the course of the summer and fall. There's a long time left in your growing season. Why don't you go ahead and root what broke off. They'll likely bloom in the not too distant future as well if they already had buds on them. It looks terrible now but brugs are amazingly resilient.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 6:25AM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

I'm so sorry to hear about your damage, it's discouraging, isn't it? But, like all of us, you'll just keep on keepin' on and new growth will occur and make your garden pretty again. Keep your chin up!

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 10:36AM
haase(10 CA)

I know for a fact that they will come back and bloom for you again this year. The year has just started, it is springtime. We had this horrible hail-storm some time during the winter months and my one and only brug (at the time) was very damaged, leaves and tips alike. It all came back and in fact they are blooming and putting out trumpets right now, just like nothing ever happened.

Ingrid

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 6:21PM
chena(z8 Texas)

OH MAN!! The good part is it is early and if you have Blooms now No leaves and blown of blooms will recover in just a couple of weeks.. HEART BREAKING I KNOW!! I am so sorry!!
Can't wait to see the next round of blooms!! I just wish I had a bloom to talk about..LOL ;0)

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 6:40PM
taz56(z8 Ga.)

Sorry Willie, but it is early spring,they just might bless
you,never know! Wishing you and your brugs the best! :)
Susan

Bookmark   March 27, 2010 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
Screwed By 7servant7
Well, Take a Look At The Picture 7servant7 Is Displaying...
byrd4460
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™