I am out of control

wantonamara Z8 CenTexMarch 5, 2013

I have been on a binge when I should be working my @ss off. I can't leave home without stoping at a nursery. My car is full of 15 gal. of Decomposed granite, 4C' of perlite, 3 pots, 5 tiny suculent. and one sizable Aloe heroensis. I imagine I will havee to pay some acts of contrition over this. Click image to "embiggen" the image.

from (left): E. chroma, E. minima , E azulita, E puldonis,, Crassula mesembryanthemopsis (that's a mouthful)

Now , I am having a issue with the ID on this Aloe heroensis. I thought it was a A. karasbergensis, which is on my short list. Granted I had left my glasses in the car and when I checked the name it was about the right length and had a fuzzy "ensis"on its end. IT looked like it said what I thought but when I got home and read it with my glasses on , it said Aloe hereoensis. I have looked around and the descriptiobns all mention dense small SHARP teeth on the margins on the A. hereoensis , not the marginal blade that it has, which is a very Aloe striata characteristic. Aloe Karasbergensis used to be considered a subspecies of Aloe striata. I love this aloe anyway but I would like to know its name. What do you think? Are my fuzzy nearsighted instincts rightIt is HUGE.

This gives you an idea of its size

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Woowheeee...what fun! Eye see you (stepping? stone) is WATCHING!!

Yes, I vote A. karasbergensis!

Nice haul! Hey, I like that word "embiggen"!

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 4:47PM
klyde(8)

I've just finished unloading my trunk.

Same situation LOL.

I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem...which you have done. Normally I would say the next step is to do something about it.

Ya wanna go shopping together?

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 5:24PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

EYE was given to me as a trivet but I live mostly outside. My husband told me of that new computer culture word for making images larger.

I can't wait for it to get its winter blush.That is three for A. karasbergensis. I got another affirmation from another site. The nursery that I got it from is infamous for mis ID ing their stock. I think it comes in withiut names and they have to make something up. I have gotten great aloes with wrong names attached to them. I am always lecturing them about the impurities of their Aloe striata provider. They have a great hybrid strata with small thorns on the margins instead of the blade.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 5:33PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

Klyde, I turn it all over to my HP and he said BUY IT! I heard it clearly.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
How long do Epiphyllum cuttings last for?
Hi everyone before I got bogged down with school I...
snowboardinggirl
Echeveria - how long from bloom to death?
My Echeveria pulidonis are flowering. Very lovely...
kwie2011
What did I buy, my friends?
I was at HD picking up fert for my gardenias and hibiscus...
Crenda SWFL 10A
When do I start watering after re-potting?
I will be re-potting my plants into the gritty mix...
blaquepua
March blooms (2015)
March is here...what succulents do you have blooming? Not...
rina_
Sponsored Products
Jessica Frosted Mercury One-Light Table Lamp
$696.00 | Bellacor
Solid White Memory Foam 20 x 32 Bath Mat
Overstock.com
Snowflake Wall Mirror
$44.99 | zulily
Feiss Ameilia 8" High Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Charles Grande Loveseat in White
$749.00 | LexMod