Pretty Flowers/Healthy Weeds!

calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)May 4, 2008

single sweetpea Click on picture to enlarge.

That white "blob" is a sweetpea! Growing among a lot of weeds, maybe this season I'll get some seed!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

I'm not sure if this bush is considered a minature or not. The bush doesn't grow, it just puts out these incredible yellow blooms.

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 7:30PM
youreit

Pat, that rose is gorgeous! Reminds me of a Julia Child we saw at the nursery this weekend, only smaller. Does it smell at all like licorice?

Pretty sweetpea! It looks like they prefer company, regardless of the breeding. :D

Brenda

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 7:43AM
angelcub(Sunset 3b)

Hi Pat, very pretty pics! I have three Julia Child roses. If you can take a closeup pic of a bloom with some leaves I can probably tell you if that's what you have.

BTW, a miniature rose has more to do with the size of the bloom, not the size of the overall bush. I have four minis - Lemon Drop (2), Gingerbread Man, and Sunrise. I'll take some new pics soon but here's link where you can see them. Click on the Cottage Gardens link at the top of the page.

Diana

Here is a link that might be useful: sycamore cottage

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 4:18PM
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

Hi Diana, thanks for the recognition "hint"...these yellow blooms are quite large, but it doesn't really matter as I enjoy them all regardless of size, shape or color! Went to your website and the pictures on the first page are really something, just lovely!

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 10:03AM
ironorchid

angelcub, off topic, but i browsed your beautiful garden link. if you ever want to swap your yellow and red hollyhock seeds later this year, i've got soft baby pink and almost white shades. Mo

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
New home owner... looking for gardening ideas...
Hey everyone. I am a new home owner... there is currently...
Joseph Wind
Orange tree questions re fruiting, blooming and harvesting
hi all, we moved to a place with a really old orange...
slowjane CA/ Sunset 21
Container Gardening in Zone 9a
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to gardening and would...
giddyupgo
Veggie season?
what are you all planting in the veggie garden lately?...
slowjane CA/ Sunset 21
Ground cover for erosion control?
I am looking to plant a hillside with something that...
Sabine Halfhill
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™