Karyn & Kylie I've got 'new babies'

antiqueorchid(Z-6)April 19, 2010

I was excited to see that 3 seeds that Karyn sent me last summer all came up. I think they are Raab(?). Thanks again Karyn.

I also have 2 seedlings from Kylies painted lady x up and growing. Thank you too, Kylie

I can't wait to see blooms on these guys. I know it won't be this year but does anyone know how long from seed till bloom time?

Denise

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I'm glad to hear it. The seeds I sent are a Rahabana cross, Rahabana being the pod parent. Most of the blooms were pollinated with doubles but some might have been open pollinated. The tags got washed away.

I usually get flowers the second season from seed but have had some take longer. Brenda gets blooms the first season and I assume those that live in warm climates might as well. Good luck.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 8:17AM
chena(z8 Texas)

That is great! Congrats!!! I can't wait to see what ya got there!! Mine were open pollinated but there were quite a few blooming at the same time.. Singles, Dbls, and all different colors!

Kylie

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 11:34AM
antiqueorchid(Z-6)

I didn't get blooms last summer on the ones I had started in March so I doubt I will on these guys either. But hopefully next summer I will see blooms. It is well worth the wait though. I love the scent and blooms of Brugs:)

Denise

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 7:07AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Rooted Cuttings. Any Variety
I spent a small fortune on small UNROOTED cuttings,...
poohbearlvr
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™