Butterfly in finally in Flush!!

xeriscape8321(Z10 FL Ft. Laud)April 4, 2011

Again, this is one of my favorite warm weather loving single pinks. Besides being a large flower, the waxy corolla can hold up well in bad weather. She is also one of the most fragrant brugs around. A pod sister to Rosalie, both of these brugs are well suited for the hot humid southern climates. The cross on this one is Rothkirch x Ocre by hybridizer Herta Blin.

This is one of the oldie but goodies. People are so hell bent on getting all the "new" stuff that we forget about those that have been around for years and can out perform those news guys hands down! And they have proven themselves to be hardy......:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I agree that Butterfly is one of the nicest single pinks and your plant looks beautiful. I'm so jealous of those of you in the warm climates. It will be months before my brugs bloom. I only kept arborea and Sam growing thru the winter and the only reason Sam's not dormant is that I'm waiting for a pod to ripen.

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 9:28AM
xeriscape8321(Z10 FL Ft. Laud)

It's 90 degrees today so i decided to go outside and show people what a great warm weather brug butterfly is....this is two days after the original pics were taken and the blooms have darkened up significantly.....now THIS is genetics at it's finest. You can be sure i will be using pollen from this baby in the fall to produce some great new prospects......as an added note....for some reason butterfly babies lend themselves to throwing yellow/orange offspring....lets hope for good things this fall/winter

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 2:24PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Oh geez the color on that is amazing. I had a small plant years ago but lost it. I am definitely going to try and get another. WOW! I love the oldies but goodies :)

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 2:36PM
sommergardens(9a)

I agree with Gary, Butterfly is an overlooked classic!

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 4:13PM
arghyagardengirl(9b)

I agree with Gary as well. I like many of the older Brugs, Pink Beauty, Georgia Peach, Butterfly, Dorthea, Painted Lady to name a few. Its a lot of fun crossing some of the Euros with them.
It "tones" them down a bit.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 6:03PM
odyssey3(7 noVA)

OOh, I'm so glad you posted these! You had recommended this one to me a few threads back when I was asking for recommendations for a very fragrant pink. Can you recommend a good source for it, because I am convinced this is the one for me!

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 11:03PM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

What a beautiful plant! You're right, let's remember the oldies but goodies, in more ways than one LOL!

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 12:23PM
xeriscape8321(Z10 FL Ft. Laud)

Butterfly still has a few blooms coming in on it. When i when to check them out I realized that she had two six pointed blooms on her...now it has me curious and i wonder just how many six pointers were in that flush she had...I am curious to find out the percentage of 6 pointed blooms to 5 pointers

Here is one of the six pointers i found on Butterfly today

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 3:45PM
plantlover49(6B)

Gary
you have some amazing Brugs, what a beautiful color on Butterfly, it's so good to see Blooms, this time of year
Thank you for posting your Beauty

Elizabeth

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 7:25PM
eloise_ca

I like the angle of that last picture. Beautiful Butterfly!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
brugmansia cuttings for postage?
Hi Guys!! I haven't been on in awhile, my new little...
keriann_lakegeneva
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Sponsored Products
Recessed Light Fixture, 12 LED
Super Bright LEDs
Seven-Piece Counter Height Killarney Dining Set
$999.99 | zulily
EAGO TB351 One Piece Dual Flush High Efficiency Low Flush White Toilet
$299.00 | Blue Bath
Larissa Flushmount by Kichler
$151.80 | Lumens
Ingo Maurer | Birdie's Nest Ceiling Light
YLighting
Patton Energy Star Brushed Nickel Finish Three Light Chandelier (Arms Up) with F
$129.99 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™