Canadian Gardeners

ruth_ann(Z5 Ont.Can.)April 2, 2010

Hubby was in Canadian Tire in Burlington yesterday waiting to have the snow tires taken off the van and saw that they have their spring offerings of Brugmansia already available for sale. He saw yellows, pinks whites, double pinks and double whites pictured but be warned, in the past I found the images on the boxes did NOT always mean that particular image was what the box contained, just that those Brugs were available 'somewhere'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

Hi Ruth Ann, Thanks for the "heads up". It is good to hear from you again. Have you opened your brug hut yet? I pulled a couple out of the cold cellar to try to get them going. I have quite a few others in the house, that I have to move to keep my marriage intact. My DW tells me they are blocking the light in her studio, so I guess they will be coming out soon as well.

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 8:12PM
sandysseeds007

Hey John, you're the one that hasn't been here a while...lol
Ruth Ann's been back for over a month. Check her "Blooms a plenty" post and go to the last post and go from there. Just to keep you up to date.

I was trying not to post here so others would see the post, knowing how hard it is to get those brugs. After John sent me 3 brugs I found Charles Grimaldi in package with a picture of a double white and no labels on any of the packages, just the pictures. I'm still happy with what I got, but Ruth Ann is right about the packaging being deceptive sometimes. The package says the brugs came from Patiocontainers (or something very close - Patio????), just so you know.

Nice to hear from you John - Sandy

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 9:36PM
ruth_ann(Z5 Ont.Can.)

No John, the door has been open all week and no heaters going but I am NOT dragging them out only to have to get them all in again.Remember, I do not have a garage, only a carport.
Good to see you again.

Bookmark   April 4, 2010 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
Brug cuttings:
Good morning all, would like to know if anyone has...
plantmasterm
WANTED: Rooted Cuttings. Any Variety
I spent a small fortune on small UNROOTED cuttings,...
poohbearlvr
brugs for trade
I have these Brugs. Looking to trade. Infinity Phanomenal Tiara Rosa...
maile_2010
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™