Name that Plant!

gargaileMarch 4, 2013

Thank you to those who can assist me ID this plant.

Regards,
Gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
norma_2006

C. sp. erosula in the trade It is rare species to be found good for you. Pg. 174 Gordon Rowley book. Yours is the best grown one I have ever seen. You wouldn't believe the argument I had over the name of this species from somone who knew it all. He insisted it was C. 'Campfire' which doesn't look like anything like it. Thanks for sharing the picture with all of us. Norma

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 1:34AM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

By "C.", I believe Norma means Crassula. To which Gordon Rowley book are you referring, Norma? Because the one that I own has "stem succulents" on that page...nothing about Crassula.

It doesn't look like Crassula erosula to me. What size is the plant/leaves? It looks like a gallon pot. Is it? I don't know what it is, other than I agree (at first glance) that it does seem to be a Crassula. I haven't seen on with such dark coloring on the stem...or leaves as long (as it seems to me). Have you ever seen it bloom, Gary? Where did you get this plant?

I'll be back if I think of any suggestions.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:26PM
gargaile

Thank you but I don't think it's a Campfire. I got this at a local nursery here in N Hollywood. Here's another view.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 6:31PM
noki

Is the plant trying to bribe you now?

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 6:51PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

:D Hee hee hee, Noki!!

Gary, I don't think Norma was saying she thought your plant was C. 'Campfire'. Only that she had argument with another that C. erosula was a 'Campfire'.

So, looks like a gallon pot & way too big for Crassula I might have considered. Still thinking...still believe it's a Crassula.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Some cactus like water
Who says you can't water cactus every day? This cactus...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
Echeveria ID, please.
I need help identifying this echeveria. Thanks! :)
_sbgibbons_
Agave - ID & Care
I bought this little plant yesterday - Feb 26. I'd...
bobv2
Show my new collection of succulents
I got a present. Look at these succulents.
hm825
Tricolor sport
I was hoping the sport I found on my Tricolor would...
camellia1_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™