Quesnelia mamorata'Lyra'

udo69November 10, 2008

Hi all,

I've heard about Quesnelia mamorata'Lyra' many years ago. I also saw this plant in the book "Blooming Bromeliads". It looks very similar to Ques.'Tim plowman'. I've never seen the real plants. I do not know what different be tween them. Is it the same plant? Anybody have the photos of this plants, please post it for me.

Cheers

Yong

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LisaCLV(HI)

I've only seen the photo of Lyra, Yong, but I have Tim Plowman and I would recommend that cultivar if you want to get one. Before that I had one called Carrone's Curly, and while it was curlier than plain marmorata, it wasn't half as nice as Tim Plowman. TP is the curliest I've seen, and also has darker spotting than the other clones I've had, so that's the only one I grow now.

I'll try to find a picture, but the ones on FCBS are pretty accurate.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ques. Tim Plowman

Bookmark   November 10, 2008 at 1:07PM
udo69

Hi Lisa,

Many thank for your comment. I already have Tim Plowman and also true Q.marmorata. I'm just wondering about those plant named "Lyra" because I've never seen real Lyra except in the book. How about your Carrone's Curly? That sound interesting! That might be pretty. Let me see the plant

Cheers
Yong

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 3:50AM
udo69

Hi Lisa,

Many thank for your comment. I already have Tim Plowman and also true Q.marmorata. I'm just wondering about those plant named "Lyra" because I've never seen real Lyra except in the book. How about your Carrone's Curly? That sound interesting! That might be pretty. Let me see the plant

Cheers
Yong

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 4:10AM
LisaCLV(HI)

Sorry, I don't have it anymore. I got rid of it after I saw how much better Tim Plowman was.

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 12:30PM
bromadams(10b)

I saw Lyra today in the Baensch book. I like it.

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
colour change + floppy plants
hi all, i was shocked to find that 2 of my plants had...
drmedusae
?? Achemea tessmannii
I got this as no ID.. It is blooming and looks similar...
radhavall
Is this a bromeliad???
I got this from my aunt, who wasn't sure what it is....
embolton0620
What type of brom is this?
This bromeliad is fairly large --at least 3 feet in...
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™