Non-toxic method of killing a stump?
We unfortunately have to have two large eucalyptus trees removed, but because of the lack of access (too close to the house), we can't have the stumps removed.
Is there a non-toxic, or non-chemical way to kill the stumps that won't poison the soil or harm any birds or other creatures? One of the eucalypts being removed had suddenly started to die just recently anyway, so I think it probably had the psyllid (it was brown), or perhaps it drowned from the rain (other plants that drowned from the rain died green), and so I probably don't have to worry about that one. Will they die naturally from being cut down or will they sprout? (They're eucaplyptus nicholii.)