Record setting bay area warmth..last day?

stanofhJanuary 27, 2011

Rather then torture all of you with day by day posts of -It's warm!..I held out until today-another record warm Hayward day,about the 5th of the last 10-11 days.

Now,I'm kind of in awe of seeing warm temps for these dates no other Haywardian has seen since the 1870's,when the city was formed. I said that to the wife and she yawned at that like many of you-lol.

The streak is supposed to end tomorrow-but it was like a nice trip south for a break and temps 15f above average.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cjjulian

I know what you mean. I dont want it to end. I am in Pittsburg and it is sooo nice compared to those other weeks of rain we've been having.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 5:25PM
sautesmom

You know we're having a bad winter when I am contemplating going to San Francisco to get out of the pea soup fog in Sacramento.

Carla in Sac

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 6:11PM
calistoga_al

The soil dried out so much in my museum garden where I have bedding plants and tulips emerging, Thursday I ran the water system, which was turned off for the winter. It is just misting here now after a foggy morning

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 5:20PM
guavalane

My daikon, gai lan, and Chinese giant mustard all bolted in the 2 week warm/hot weeks. Sigh...

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 6:14PM
More Discussions
Homeless Veteran Gardening
Hello, Well, I'm back after taking a rather serious...
bearstate
Ground cover for erosion control?
I am looking to plant a hillside with something that...
Sabine Halfhill
Lattice grid pavers and what to plant
Using these to make a walkway in the alley that connects...
oberci
Western Sword Fern (Polysticum munitum) very brown
My Western Sword Ferns are looking very brown. I really...
kookoo2
Northern California Roll Call!!!! 2.0
Did I miss it? Part 1 was closed http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/calif/msg1019364625268.html?150 Nanelle...
nanelle_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™