Pair of Rubber Plants

houseplantlover86(6)March 10, 2013

I have two rubber trees that I cut from the parent plant at my Mom's office and potted up. Right now they aren't getting much light, as they are being kept in the basement where I am living right at the moment. Every once in a while, a leaf will turn yellow and drop off. I would say (normally) the plants get water ever week and a half to two weeks. Last time I watered this wasn't the case, however, as the plants were bone dry.

What's the rule of thumb with watering them? As they aren't getting much sun they won't be using a lot of water. I'm wondering if there's an answer to the leaf droppage. Is it because of lack of light or underwatering?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Technically, I don't believe these are considered succulents, although they are drought tolerant plants. I've only seen them grown outdoors here. It may be more helpful to post in either the houseplant forum (if you plant to grown them indoors) or other forum for your zone (if growing outdoors). I do know yellowing leaves are usually an indicator of either under- or over-watering. I'd cut back if I were you. =)

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Al's Gritty Mix
Need help finding Bark Fines and Gritty Mix in Greenville,...
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
New too indoor succulents, need advice
Hey everybody, So i've recently started trying to grow...
gerettj
Echeveria leaves falling off and stem turning dark?
Hello, I'm new on this website and could use some help...
adelalis
Sometimes rot ends well
Here are some pics of a jade that started as a chunk...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
preparing the new season
A first post on Houzz. This is a picture from the beginning...
hablu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™