Question from a Newbie

drvongirlApril 18, 2010

Hi everyone, I have 3 brugs now that I got from Country Gardens... Serendipity, georgia peach, and dr seuss. I want to know if I can leave them outside overnight now. And what is the lowest degree above 32 that I can? I am getting tired of dragging the pots in and out and also I am worried about bugs getting to them, I guess there is no way to avoid that, but should I be spraying them with something? I have one noid that I have been putting out and it seems like every time I do i get a hole or something in one of the leaves. Am I worrying too much?Thanks in advance, Ellen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
threas(z7 PA)

Hi Ellen! Welcome! As far as putting your brugs out, the leaves will get damaged from the sun anyway. So you can strip your plants of leaves. I know, sounds drastic, but the leaves will grow in acclimated to the sun. As long as you don't get freezing temps, they should be OK outside. I have some of mine out and we've been close to freezing a few times.

Theresa

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 3:58PM
karyn1(7a)

I'm in 7a and mine have been outside for a couple weeks. We've dipped into the upper 30's a couple times with minimal, if any damage. I think you'll be fine and like Theresa said acclimating them to natural sunlight will scorch the foliage anyway.

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 5:14PM
drvongirl

Thanks Theresa and Karyn, out they go!!

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 2:19PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

I too am tired of dragging my brugs in and out of the house! Glad to know I can leave them outside now. ( :
Bo

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 4:33PM
More Discussions
jhl1654
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
WANTED: Well rooted brug plants-can't root a cutting!
I love these plants and have tried multiple times to...
skipper08
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™