More OT!

chena(z8 Texas)April 20, 2011

Can you say Taste like Chicken!!!

I was out cleaning up the plants after the 50mph winds for 2 days and came across these 2 guys.. The Snake is a Western Plains Garter.. The Toad..well Supper.

Kylie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

What a cool shot! I guess nothing was gonna interupt his dinner lol. Poor little hoppy toad.
We had a big black snake get into the chicken coop last summer and ate so many eggs he couldn't move and was taking a siesta in the nestbox. So we just picked him up and carried him to the other side of the property and he hasn't come back, YET, lol.
Lenette

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 4:15PM
chena(z8 Texas)

LOL.. When we had Chickens.. just about every morning there was a Rat/Bull Snake in the boxes.. I would just take a feed sack and put it up to the box and they would slither right in..and I would relocate them to the back.. It use to spook me .. But after a while you just knew to look before you stuck your hand in..

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 5:29PM
THEGARDENPOOTER(6 (DETROIT MI.))

OH MY WORD! I would have fainted dead away! I probaly would have been his resting (digestion) place! I'm not afaid of anything other than snakes!

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 6:58PM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

That's a wonderful shot Kylie! Those of you with chickens, I'd be furious at losing my eggs to snakes! I'm waiting to see my garden snakes come out for the summer. I usually have around 4, all over the yard, not counting babies.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 7:36PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Thank goodness, I do not see snakes in our yard. I guess its because we have 3 dogs. Once in awhile I see a dead one after Gary cuts the grass. Oct 2009, Lucy was bitten on the nose, she survived. Now they all get the rattlesnake shot. Barbra

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 7:19AM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

I saw my snakes for the first time today. I've been having foundation work done on the house and haven't wanted to look out there, but when I checked, by golly they were doing their thing! Look at their little heads all pointing in the same direction! I think they're adorable, don't you?

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 7:30PM
chena(z8 Texas)

HOW COOL!!!!! Great Pic!!!!! YAY!!

Kylie

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 8:14PM
eloise_ca

You guys and your snakes -- totally creeps me out! I too would faint if I ever saw a snake in my yard. Know I wouldn't sleep for days thinking it could come in my house, lol!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
jhl1654
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
Sponsored Products
Catskill 14.75-Inch Lazy Susan - 1278
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Genevieve Urn in Charcoal
Grandin Road
Unique 9'x12' Red Geometric/Floral Heriz Serapi Hand Knotted Wool Area Rug H7026
BH Sun Inc
White Bert Three-Drawer Side Table
$179.99 | zulily
Geneva WorldRadio - Geneva Lab
$299.95 | HORNE
Homelegance Alouette Rectangular Glass Dining Table
Beyond Stores
Royal Comfort Collection Luxury Dark Brown Tufted Storage Bench Nailhead Trim Ot
Overstock.com
LA Baby Pull Out Drawer for Compact Non-Folding Crib - Natural - WC526-N
$101.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™