Stair way to succulent Heaven:

hijole(9 Sunny California)March 6, 2012

Stair way to Heaven isnt a bad name for this picture, I really like the colors.

Greg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ssk22

Nice photo...I was thinking of doing the ladder thing this spring.it's old and a pretty bright pink just might spruce it up some.is there a trick to keeping the plants on the steps so they don't fall off in heavy winds? Thans for sharing
Sharon

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 8:05AM
karyn1(7a)

Nice display. What are the purple flowers? I've never seen a Burro's Tail (or whatever it's called, 2nd step down) in bloom.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 8:53AM
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

Nice colors, neat idea, Greg! Is this one yours? Sadly I couldn't do something like this. My dogs would knock off all pots within a day. :/

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 9:53AM
hijole(9 Sunny California)

Sharon, thanks, are you talking about the purple and green combo or the all purple? if its the combo then I am not sure I've heard the name before but it's to early for me right now, But the all purple now thats another story, Lol... that one... is a plastic insert. yeah I know it isnt fair. I actually really forgot it was still in there, you know you see it everyday and it starts looking the same.

Yeah paint your old ladder bright pink that would look awesome. You know what I do I go into Home depot and by the oopps paint for .50 cents and paint everything insight almost, it's a good deal.

Ahh... the wind. and it's windy today too. Well I have mine in a patio where the wind still travels through but not as much as if it were in the open. the real trick is keeping them in the center and a little weight helps alot, so maybe place some rock on the bottom of your pots, jus a little, mine have fallen down if there's no water weighing them down some.

Karyn 1 O, I answered that purple flower question above, thanks for commenting Lol... I didnt even notice it was in bloom thats great and good eye too.

Rosemarie, yeah it's all mine thank you, I was going to suggest a rope for your dog but I didnt think it would fly so maybe a real big ladder with high steps would work, maybe.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 11:45AM

Karyn1,, Wow... after only 1 cup of coffee it suddenly came to me, if your talking about the combo color green and purple, that one is called "Purple Heart."

Greg

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 12:27PM
ltran54(9)

Greg, it is great idea and beautiful colors.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 12:41PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

The only green & purple combo I see in there is commonly called Wandering Jew, Tradescantia.

I like the texture contrast & differing growth forms in this display as well, nice.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 6:10PM

Pirate girl You are right thats exactly why I hate drinking decaff coffee LOL...
and thats why I skipped the alphabet thread altogether , except to compliment the posts.
Thanks for the correction P.G

Greg

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 7:02PM
TT, zone 5b MA

Greg -

That is a really nice display. The colors do work extremely well together. Nice!

And, thanks for referencing a song from the greatest rock and roll band of all time...;-).

Tom

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 10:30PM
ctreeteac(Zone 8b; rain-spewing Oregon)

Some really beautiful thins in there! I have a curiosity about the plant on the right on the top step...

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 10:51PM
ctreeteac(Zone 8b; rain-spewing Oregon)

Haha, things, rather. I type so well.

Colleen

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 10:52PM
pennyhal(11Sunset23)

Great photo! Now I know what to do with that ladder in the garage my husband keeps wanting to throw out.

Penny

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 2:16PM

Penny that was my conclusion also I almost thru mine away and I saw something similar and said, yaaaa that's what I'll do great minds think alike, now its just a matter of what color you want :)

Greg

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 7:32PM
kathi_mdgd

I also have an old wooden ladder,that i've been meaning to paint,it's one of those "someday "projects.

I like what you've done with the ladder and love the plants on it.
Kathi

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 9:47PM

Kathi, And remember Home Depot is a good place to get bright colored paint , they have a oopps section that you can get the little bottles for .50 cents, they're is two H/D by my house one has the same section except one store sells them for 1.00 and the other store sells them for .50 , I don't have to tell you which one I go too LOL..

Thanks Kathi , let us see your fresh painted ladder when that some day arrives .

Greg

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Blue Bird Jade - opinions please
I got this beautiful Blue Bird Jade September '12 from...
lme5573
What's your growing area look like
Includes patios greenhouses ect. Notice the lack of...
spikef35
Jades Surviving, but not Thriving
Hello! New here, but I've been lurking for the last...
andelice
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
Gollum Surprise
Gollum leaf I came across tonight. Christopher
kaktuskris
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™