My little surprise.

splinter1804December 21, 2009

Hi everyone,

Back on Sat. Aug 15 2009 I posted a thread called "My Little Surprise" which included some pic's of the first flowering of one of three or four seedlings I had bought under the name of Ae. Recurvata x Caudata.

There seemed to be a bit of debate about the cross, but as I said, I can only say what was on the name tag.

I self pollinated six flowers and it's fortunate I tagged the ones I did, because after the plant finished flowering it developed seed pods on what I imagine was every flower and the remainder were probably done by New Holland Honey Eaters.

I have planted a few of the seeds I pollinated and the fertility rate seems to be almost 100%, if this is possible.

I have had a few requests for seed, but even after these have been filled there will still a bit of seed left, so if anyone wants any, just send me a stamp self addressed envelope and I'll get it off to you.

All the best, Nev.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bromadams(10b)

Tropiflora is selling something very similar. They don't know what it is either.

I've been growing some recurvata seedlings for over 2 years and they were probably 6 months old when I got them and they are still small little things. They sure do seem to be slow growers.

Bookmark   December 21, 2009 at 9:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sdandy

Hey Nev, I picked up an interesting little plant that reminded me of yours (at least the leaves). Oddly, or surprising to me at least, it is labeled orlandiana x recurvata. I would never guess that there was any orlandiana in this plant. To help compare, I'll post some pictures on your original post...
-andy

Bookmark   December 22, 2009 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
?? Achemea tessmannii
I got this as no ID.. It is blooming and looks similar...
radhavall
ID please
PAnother blooming that needs ID Thanx Carmen
gardencraze
Please help with ID
Can someone please ID this Brom for me.
gardencraze
photo #2 of id - exserta hybrid?
Here is the photo of the bloom spike. my apologies...
Brian311
Bert in a basket
I have an Ae Bert that I would like to plant in an...
dogboy27
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™