Kalanchoe blossfeldiana 'Calendiva'

mfyssDecember 18, 2006

This is the season for Kalanchoe blooms, but I was still surprised when it flowered again just like a number of others. This product of horticultural science has extra petals (all Kalanchoe have 4 petals, but not this one). Yale

Here is a link that might be useful: K. blossfeldiana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Very pretty, I've seen something like that bloom for sale in the NYC area, being referred to as a rose-like blooming Kalanchoe. Nice shot, thanks for the pic.

Bookmark   December 19, 2006 at 3:49PM
EdwinR

Hello,

Yesterday I was given 3 white Kalanchoe blossfeldiana (heads with single groups of petals), have 2 orange of that Kalanchoe, and bought 1 yellow `Calendvivaô (rose-like heads of flowers) for Easter since yellow is the Easter colour in Sweden. They are all full of leaves and some spreading out at the bases of those plants are huge. I would like to remove the largest leaves. Is that okey or would it affect the plants negatively? I do not intend to throw my Kalanchoes away after they have stopped blooming but to get them to flower again later this year or at the beginning of next. I know you can do that by putting them in the dark for several hours of the day. My orange Kalanchoe have been in bloom since mid October 2012. I have them in front of my kichen window facing south but move them to the window in my bedroom at night where it is cooler (so I can sleep better) as this makes them bloom longer according to a Swedish garden expert.

Thank you for any information on this matter.

Kind regards and Happy Easter,
Edwin

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 6:50AM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

HI Edwin,
Sorry to say this forum gets hardly any traffic these days. Would be better to post to the Cacti & Succulents forum instead (if you'd like a quicker response).

As for pulling off lower, larger leaves. Yes, I believe it would be okay to do that without negatively affecting your plant. =)

Good luck on the re-bloom of your plants. Sounds like you have the knowledge & good conditions for that happening!

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
Interesting "Topsy Turvey" Hybrid?
I picked this one up at HD . I know that it looks very...
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
What kind of cacti is this?
Anyone know what type this is? Very thick and unique...
gwod1
help ID opuntia from colorado
i recieved this from colorado. my friend says its seen...
cactusgrower313
Id this one for me please!
The tall one in the back, thanks!
vngavnga
Echinocereus viridiflorus in the snow
I have a lot of nice hardy cacti in my outdoor rock...
cactus_cowboy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™