When to Repot After Pruning?

starofleviathan(z7 - L.I.)April 15, 2013

Greetings all :). Just finished pruning off the last dead branches from my Frosty Pinks & would like to know how soon after can I repot them? Their new top growth has been straggly, stunted, & pale. They're hungry & also in dire need of a repot ASAP. I would like to start feeding them but don't know if I should wait until they're in the new containers or if it's safe to start now? The temps here have been between 55* - 68* daytime & consistently above 40* at night. Going to be putting the mama plant in a 12 gal container & the baby is going to a friend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crocuscottage

Hello MissMudPuppy. I too am on the Island, and I would NOT put your brugs outside until the end of April, say after the 25th, and keep a blanket at the ready until the middle of May, just in case of a late frost. I expect frost tonight, the 20th. I am on the South Shore, Sayville.
For repotting, I would do that now but hold off on the feeding until you get them outside. When I put my brugs out, I feed them the same or next day to get things going.
Mine look pretty sad down in the basement right now, but they will just have to tough it out another week, and then they can be free.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starofleviathan(z7 - L.I.)

Good morning crocuscottage! Thank you so much for your reply! It's good to meet another fellow Long Islander :). I'm in the southern most part of Levittown. Did you have any damage from Sandy? I heard Sayville got hit pretty hard. All my friends on the South Shore either lost their homes or sustained severe damage & are still in the process of rebuilding.

My brugs are still inside & it's a good thing too with that frost many of us got last night! Upon your advice, I will not put them out until the end of the month.

I know what you mean about how sad they look right now. It will be amazing to see how quickly they rebound once they're outside :)

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:00AM
More Discussions
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
Sponsored Products
Ecleste Bookcase Room Divider - MAR-080BLK
$155.69 | Hayneedle
Detroit Tigers Mini Refrigerator
$399.99 | zulily
Elizabethan Classics Bathtubs 71 in. Double Slipper Tub with Oil Rubbed Bronze
Home Depot
Glowbox Electric Fireplace in Blue
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
Acorn Antique Silver 28-inch to 48-inch Double Curtain Rod
$59.95 | Bellacor