selenicereus not blooming

johnny_1985April 30, 2013

hello evryone i am new to this forum and i hope you can help me! i have a large selenicereus grandiflorus that i bought last year from ebay in germany (i live in uk) the plant is about 18years old and when it arrived it had a single flower bud which sadly fell of (the trip from germany clearly didnt help!) i repotted it into only a very slightly larger pot as the original was cracked. it sits in a west facing large deep window where it gets lots of sunshine. during the summer i fed it with a high potash fertiliser and it grew nice thick strong stems. in winter i barely watered at all for around 3 to four months, its now growing strongly again so im watering regularly and feeding again,but no buds! should it not be fed? it looks very healthy, help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hanzrobo(11)

Hey Johnny,

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're taking great care of your plant though a picture always helps. In my experience with plants in general, they won't flower without the right amount of sun. West-facing window means afternoon sun. You might try a south-facing window or putting the plant outside as soon as it's safe to do so.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
Jade fused trunk
Hi all, been reading for a while, first time poster. My...
andymac85
Aztcqn's Spiky & Fat Herd
I'm back with a renewed effort to make my yard a place...
aztcqn
Crassula ovata rot?
Okay so I was given a large cutting last Thursday and...
Hamza Nobes
This Kalanchoë
Is anyone familiar with this Kalanchoë? The tag says:...
hablu
Cactus ID?
Purchased this one without a tag. It's about 14"...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™