Fertilizing Question

drvongirlApril 14, 2011

Hi all, Here in WA we are still waiting for spring to arrive with some warm weather! Last Friday we reached 60 degrees, but today we are back in the high 40's mid 50's, I am really envious now of any warm weather anywhere!

This will be my second summer growing my brugs. My question is, I placed all my brugs that I overwintered in my garage on my front porch against the wall that Friday. Even tho it is still cool and we are not getting much sun can I start fertilizing them or should I wait, don't know when to begin. Will they be alright as long as the temp doesn't get below 32. Should I lug them back in the garage? All my cuttings I got from karyn died so I don't want to loose these. One more question, will they flower sooner this year since they are more established. All but one bloomed last year, all late Sept, Oct. Hoping to enjoy blooms sooner than that. Thanks for the help. Ellen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chena(z8 Texas)

Hey Ellen!!
Nice to see ya!! You can start to fertilize half strength to and so long as the don't get below 37*~38* you should be fine.. Don't over water them with it being still so cool..If you or anyone else are looking to replace some of your lost Brugs for postage let me know and I can point you in the right direction.. I see you don't have a email address listed..

Kylie

Bookmark   April 15, 2011 at 1:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drvongirl

Thanks kyle for your answer, how and where do i get my e-mail address to list?

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 3:23AM
More Discussions
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
Sphagnum Moss Rooting Method - Step by Step!
I've had a couple of requests as to how I root my cuttings!...
sibhskylvr
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™