Hello, peoples.

merricat(Zone 3a Canada)February 16, 2007

It's been a while; thought I'd drop in and say hello.

No gardening for me this year (except maintenance of course). I may plant heirloom tomatoes so I can get a good supply of seeds to give/trade, but that's the extent of it. Too much is going on right now: out of work, house has structural damage, and many other things are just......ungood.

These things go in cycles. Good-bad-better, it's never permanent. At least I'm thinking ahead this year and not swamping myself with extra garden-work I'll just stress over. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you all, hear what's going on with you and how you're getting ready for spring.

- Merri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninamarie(4Ont.)

Hi merricat
I just found and read your post. I'm so sorry that this year is not going well for you and hope it picks up soon. Being out of work is frightening, isn't it?
And house structural damage sounds expensive and unpleasant.
Still, I hope you don't give up gardening.
I always find that gardening is such stress relief- I just can't envision doing without it. Even though my occupation is in horticulture, real garden time continues to be my joy and therapy.
If anything, why not just strew a few packages of easy annuals in your beds- cosmos, poppies, larkspur, etc.
Perhaps that way you can get some colour, something new to look at, and gardens you don't have to worry about.
The weeds will wait for you.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 4:07PM
More Discussions
Overwintering geraniums from a deck planter
The planter is about 6"x2' and has 5 plants in...
dab07
Does anyone know what's up with Spring Garden.ca?
Hi, I'm waiting on some bittersweet vines that I've...
lilies_and_roses
BC palm trees VS S. ON polar vortex
Us poor residents of Toronto have suffered a bad winter...
Paul_Ont
Greeting from new gardener from Newfoundland !!!
Hey, Everyone here im very very very excited to find...
ivy_huan
Charisma Lilac
I bought and planted two Charisma lilacs in May 2010....
Mary.13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™