Camellia id, any ideas?

eken9966(z8 AL)January 12, 2005

At first I thought this was 'Pink Perfection', but I don't think that is right as this one fades from pink to cream at the center. The petals are cupped instead of laying flat. I like the way the petals spriral in to the center.

I have always thought this was 'Candy Cane' or 'Peppermint', but I haven't been able to find pictures of either of these, or even if they are actually cultivar names.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forrestal(Gulf Coast z8b)

Actually you may be right on both counts. I have two plants of 'Pink Perfection' and sometimes it does produce the incurved petals with the spiral effect as shown in your photo. Sometimes the weather does cause them to turn a lighter pink in the middle. And the second image does look like 'La Peppermint', which I will try to e-mail you an image to compare.

Blooming season here in the Camellia State is a wonderful thing, isn't it !!

Bookmark   January 12, 2005 at 9:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eken9966(z8 AL)

Thanks Forrest! The second camellia pic is definitely "La Peppermint". Having the name just right helped me find a picture with no problem. The pink camellia at the top is still my all time favorite.

You are so right about blooming season here in Alabama being wonderful. This winter weather we're having has been exceptionally kind to my blooms.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'La Peppermint'

Bookmark   January 13, 2005 at 7:19AM
More Discussions
anyone growing one of the 'Tama' varieties in a cold zn 7?
If so, how did they fare after last winter? I do see...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
camellia identity
First off let me introduce and tell you a little bit...
dmichael619
Camellia photos
Here's a photo of a bloom from my 'Sweet Jane' hybrid...
vmr423
Where can I find Professor C. Sargent?
Basically, I've fallen in love with the look of this...
oberci
Suggestions for transplanting??
Removing this planter but hate to lose the beautiful,...
niknstan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™