Hi from Alabama, I have a question about immigration...

STROBE(zn 7b)November 10, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here reading your posts, and y'all seem like a friendly group.

Is it true that you have to start/own a business to be able to become a citizen? How would just a couple of "normal" people go about moving to Canada? Is it even possible?

I've been dreaming/wanting to move to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick for a while now and have been house shopping online and found some beautiful properties. The way things are around here are making me dislike living here. This country is way too materialistic. Canada seems to be what I think of as perfect. A small cabin in the woods, or a cottage on the beach is all I want, not eight lanes of traffic near my house or so much technology that nothing seems real anymore. I guess I'm ranting, sorry, just fed up with this place.

Thanks so much,

Jackie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.

Jackie, you don't HAVE to own/start a business to become a Canadian citizen. BUT, it would sure help.

Your best bet is to look at the official rules and regulations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Immigrating to Canada

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 12:05PM
yugoslava

Some of us living in Canada get fed up with the way things are here too. You are right. My family originally arrived in Canada but moved to the States. I stayed behind. You were given good advice. Also, go to a website called "Red Flag", there are great many forums on varied subjects and you will find people who can provide answers to your questions. I don't know if this website is only for Canada but it's very informative. If you want to post on it you must sign up. Good luck. It was a bit of a surprise to find your post in gardening forum.

Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 12:03AM
yugoslava

One more thing. I see you live in zone 7b. There aren't many places in Canada that are zone 7b. Perhaps coastal B.C. You should see us in the winter. Parkas and boots and warm gloves. Never leave home without it.

Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 12:08AM
More Discussions
Does anyone know what's up with Spring Garden.ca?
Hi, I'm waiting on some bittersweet vines that I've...
lilies_and_roses
BC palm trees VS S. ON polar vortex
Us poor residents of Toronto have suffered a bad winter...
Paul_Ont
Yacon
Is anyone growing this vegetable in Canada? It's a...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
hardy annuals
hey all i live on vancouver island, just wondering...
tomlinson04
overseeding a lawn in vancouver
Hi all, My front yard is... a mess. The house is new...
dalans
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™