pink sasanqua to identify

pascual(9)February 18, 2009

I have bought 3 "Pink Serenade", and none of them appears to belong to this variety. I have 2 varieties.

Variety A shows single large flowers with long straight petals. The dark leaves are rather big for a sasanqua, rather long, with an acute apex, and a few small round teeth.

The habit is erect with a thin wood.

Variety B shows semi-double dust pink flowers, with round petals, curled petaloids, many golden stamens. The center of the flower is darker than the edge. Round shiny leaves with very deep and sharp teeth. Habit is long and pendulous. The wood is rather thick. I would guess this may be an oleifera hybrid.

All of them came from Camellia Forest. Any idea would be welcome !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jay_7bsc(8a)

If your camellias came from Camellia Forest Nursery, have you looked back at their Website to see whether your plants are illustrated there? Many of their cultivars have illustrations accompanying their descriptions.

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 3:43PM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

What about e-mailing the supplier and asking them?

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 12:12PM
okintos

It would be good to know the size of the flower and to see the leaves. The Camellias sasanqua, they are very varied but in photo are very similar. The flower of the first photography, it looks like C.s.'Kanjiro'? C.s.ÂBarâo de SoutelinhoÂ?, C.s.ÂRoseaÂ?. Other two might be C.xWilliamsii ÂCyclamenÂ?.
Regards.
Daniel D.F. oKintos
Camellia sasanqua 'Kanjiro'

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Show DOMAIO 2009

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 2:10PM
pascual(9)

The first one is rather big as a sasanqua, perhaps 8-9 cm. The second one is smaller, medium sized for a sasanqua, about 7-8cm.

Both are flowering from october to december (in fall).

I have not found identical varieties on camellia forest website, but our climate is not the same, then it might explain the differences. In this case perhaps I may have Pink Serenade and Winter's Joy (similar leaves). But how different the flowers look !

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
Can Professor Charles Sargent be kept smaller?
I'm looking to plant my first camellia and have fallen...
oberci
Problem with leaves
Camellia Japonica - Just received this plant as a gift...
mimichatte
Where can I find Professor C. Sargent?
Basically, I've fallen in love with the look of this...
oberci
Camellia shelter - dropped blooms and damaged buds (cold)
I have a Camellia bed planted under the edge of my...
Bama_Joe
Any non-sinensis Camellia used for tea?
Does anyone know if any of the camellias besides camellia...
merrybookwyrm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™