Camellia Show in St. James (Santiago de Compostela) 2011/2/5-6

okintosFebruary 8, 2011

Show Photos Camellias "Rocha Vella" in Santiago de Compostela. I show a little of Tourism in Galicia. Santiago de Compostela is the capital of Galicia.

Regards.

Daniel Dominguez Fernández oKintos

Camellia japonica âÂÂBella di FirenzeâÂÂ. Camelia in the South Campus of the University of St. James of Compostela.

Camellias in the Garden "Ferradura."

Santiago de Compostela, seen from the Garden "Ferradura."

Piper near the Cathedral of St. James. Galicia's popular music has nothing to do with Spanish music is known around the world.

Camellias in the Plaza de Fonseca, with the first building of the University of Santiago de Compostela, founded 500 years ago.

The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela (St. James) a place where the remains of St. James (The son of Zebedee) and is visited by millions of religious pilgrims each year. Pilgrims come from all over the world. Most pilgrims are walking down the French route that runs from the tenth century Europe to reach Santiago de Compostela.

The Way of St. James

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Exhibition of Rocha Vella (St. James of Compostela))

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
florence-2007

Hello Daniel, A few days the New York Times ran an article of some of the work that some of us are doing in Louisiana. Though there are a number of inaccuracies, I thought you would like to read it. Google New York Times, search camellia or Florence Crowder and the article should appear.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 9:52PM
okintos

Hello Florence. Thanks for your advice. I read the article "New York Times" on Camellia in Louisiana. My congratulations. It's a great satisfaction to see an article on camellias in a newspaper as important and known in the world. I also congratulate you and the fans who work to protect the Camellias and ancient gardens.

To me, I love old camellias and I like to try to achieve their identification. In 2010, during a visit to Portugal with other members of the Spanish Camellia Society, identified an ancient variety. The "Formosa de Young" symns."Young's Formosa", "Formosa Youngii", cultivar of English origin in the mid-nineteenth century. Experts have recognized Areeiro SF.

I like knowing that many other people in the world have the same passion I have. I hope to achieve save camellias Island Tabasco Peppers. Receive my warm greetings.
Daniel D.F. oKintos

Camellia japonica "Formosa de Young"

Here is a link that might be useful: New York Times article camellias

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 11:06AM
okintos

Photos VIII Camellia Show "La Camelia" in A Corunna City. 2011/2/12-13.
Regards.
Daniel D.f. oKintos
Camellia japonica "Saudade de Martins Branco"

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 Corunna Camellia Show

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 12:19PM
florence-2007

Thank you Daniel. Formoso de Young is great, as is Saudade de Martins Branco. and thanks for sharing

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Can Professor Charles Sargent be kept smaller?
I'm looking to plant my first camellia and have fallen...
oberci
jujujojo_gw
looking for a low growing 4ft. red Camellia
For zone 7b. What species will qualify ?
420benz
The 'Real' Mathotiana?
I'm trying to get a handle on my camellia varieties,...
vmr423
camellia identity
First off let me introduce and tell you a little bit...
dmichael619
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™