Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

sun_devilFebruary 4, 2008

Is anyone here a member of the CSPV in Maryland? I would like to find out when and where they meet and if they are hosting a show this spring. I tried two different email addresses on their website but I got delivery failure messages back. Does anyone have a working email address for them? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr

I am not a member but the link below has worked for me. Maybe their website was undergoing maintenance at the time you tried?

Here is a link that might be useful: Website of the Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

Bookmark   February 7, 2008 at 7:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

Sunday, Feb 10th is a meeting of the CSPV at the Nat Arboretum. There will be a talk on hybridization of hardy cams, and a demonstration of grafting. STarts at 1:30 pm. REMINDER!
CAMELLIA SOCIETY FEBRUARY 10, 2008 MEETING NOTICE

The Sunday, February 10th Meeting, will be held at 1:30 PM at the National Arboretum.
Refreshments and visiting will start at 1:30 PM (please call Betsy 703-354-7184 if you can help).
At 2:00 PM there will be a Slide Show of the Bill Ackerman paper "Seeking New Horizons in Hybridizing" that Randy will be giving a the ACS Convention at Longwood Gardens Feb. 24th.
, At 2:30 PM, we will have hands-on demonstrations by Bill Miller and Bill Ackerman on GRAFTING CAMELLIAS. This should be a fun way to learn a new skill in Camellia propagation. There are so many ways you can propagate these plants (by seed, cuttings, air layering, and grafting).
If you have a seedling, or unwanted healthy plant of 2-3-year old size, (having a straight trunk of pencil size or larger), bring ONLY one along, and a scion of your favorite variety (or we will provide a scion if you let us know ahead of time your interest), and they will graft it for you, while you watch.
There will be information about our Spring Show at the Arboretum on April 12-13, 2008, including entry cards, so you can fill your cards out ahead of time. Bill Miller, Show Chairman, will also have the Show Schedule available.
There will be details of our Brookside event. (NOTE: there will be NO Show this year) but we will have our SALE on March 29-30, 2008, and a MEETING on Sunday March 30th at 1:30 PM. Also particulars of times and dates of pickup of your ordered plants will be announced. Demo in Air Layering.
Mini-show of greenhouse blooms and door prizes.

Bookmark   February 9, 2008 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Recent visit to flower market in China
Lot's of Camellias Part 1 of 2 But this is a rose.
jujujojo_gw
Pink Perfection or Nuccio's Cameo?
I love the color and form of Pink Perfection and Nuccio's...
astphard
Planning for front yard camellias
I really want to add some camellias to my front yard...
Bama_Joe
winter snowman ice angels camellia in Massachusetts
Hi all, I would love to have a camellia in my new yard...
spunky_MA_z6
Has anyone is USA bought a Camellia Azellia?
It's a plant grafted onto a camellia. For ten years...
butterfly4u
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™