New to this site.

loretta712April 30, 2013

I stumbled onto this site, a couple days ago, and my eyes are almost crossed from reading, I feel like I've found home, I lost my husband to cancer, had to sell our house, the new one I bought has a small greenhouse, I have gone succulent crazy, so many kinds,lol, caring for these plants has helped me heal, so hello to everyone, and happy growing!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

Hi Loretta,

Welcome aboard here. Good for you and the greenhouse - I have a Keystone State friend who also has one and is a succulent fanatic, so you'll have lots of company.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 2:00PM
Beachplants(Z11)

Loretta, welcome from SA and you are lucky to start with a greenhouse, they do tend to fill quickly with lovely succulents and cacti...hope to see some of your plants soon! Ryan

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 2:38PM
123Greta(9b)

Welcome, Loretta!! (:

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 8:06PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

HI & welcome to GardenWeb! So sorry about your loss. You might enjoy making some mini gardens with your little succulents.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 6:04PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

, Loretta! So sorry to hear you lost your husband. Finding a hobby like this will help heal...time will be another help to soothe you. We are enablers...so be prepared! Good you came out of lurk mode. Good you read up on posts! Lucky you to have found a home with a greenhouse! We expect to see pix of your new wards sometime soon! =)

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 8:02PM
hanzrobo(11)

Welcome, Loretta! Ro said it all, your husband should be glad to know you're amongst friends. A greenhouse is a blessing and will allow you endless opportunity to nurture and enjoy nature's magnificence. Please feel free to share and ask questions.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:40PM
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

Welcome. Sorry to hear that. It is nice to hear you have a greenhouse with succulents

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 10:10AM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

Welcome to Farrago of plant loving crazies..

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 10:12AM
auron22(6b OH)

Hello loretta712 :)

Welcome. Great score getting a house with a greenhouse. I am brimming with envy just thinking of the possibilities. My condolences on your loss. It's great you have something to fall back on. Plants sure helped me in my time of need. I look forward to reading about what you do with your space.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Help with jade plant growth
I have had my jade plant for over 10 years and it has...
jpkaylor
Do you have crazy sedums
So do you i have some sedums in a pot golden sedum...
spikef35
What kind of succulent are you? Please help ID
Thx all for the help. I have a few clippings of the...
chiquitanerd
This Kalanchoë
Is anyone familiar with this Kalanchoë? The tag says:...
hablu
What to do with this?
Hi everyone we had this superb plant in our garden...
garazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™