where to find espalier Camellia

Dave_In_PTC(7B Atlanta)March 13, 2005

I have two large stuco walls (16Â wide x 10Â height) that flank either side of the main entryway of our house. I would like to find a shrub that will cover the wall and still stay close to the wall. I've had an espalier Camellia suggested but I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase ones that have already been trained.

Does anyone know where (in the Atlanta area) to find Camellia's that have the espalier pruning already started?

Thanks much,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron_B

Used to be sold already on a trellis by big growers such as Monrovia, who truck to garden centers over a large area. Try their web site, if they are still producing them they have a search function on their web site that helps you locate their customers.

When telephoning local retailers, ask for a camellia on a trellis in case espalier doesn't mean anything to who you happen to get on the phone.

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 12:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I agree with Ron. A classy garden center will carry those items typically. This might not be the best time of year to find them, though. Garden centers tend to invest in the pricy items at their most sellable time...which would be during the flowering time for camellias.

Bookmark   March 26, 2005 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Camellia Photos
I'm really thrilled that my Camellia's are coming into...
gardenbug
Planning for front yard camellias
I really want to add some camellias to my front yard...
Bama_Joe
any truly freeze-resistant camellia flowers?
It seems like when camellias are discussed as winter-blooming...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
Any non-sinensis Camellia used for tea?
Does anyone know if any of the camellias besides camellia...
merrybookwyrm
Rescuing a giant lollipop camellia?
The house my family moved into last year has an obviously...
nonconformist_nymphette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™