Garden Design

cookie8(zone 5 ON)February 28, 2008

Not sure if it's the right heading but I'm wondering about mixing flowers. Are there combinations that just don't look right together? I have been avoiding lillies because they aren't really my style and thought they would look weird in my garden (mostly cosmos, zinnias, coneflowers and daisies). But I saw a lily tree and want one so bad. Would it be out of place?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

It's a tree and so no I don't see how it can clash with your planting scheme. I suggest that perhaps you pleach the tree (or any multi branching tree) to emphasize the beauty of the tree amongst the backdrop of a your cottage garden bed.

Ianna

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 11:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ssflowergirl

I've also been seduced by the beauty of the Lily Trees in Breck's spring catalogue and have ordered some. I plan to add them to the "mix" and look forward to seeing what they'll do in my zone 5b garden.
In your garden I think it will be a fabulous addition toward the back as it will quickly tower over the other plants ... the foliage will be a nice backdrop giving more punch to the cosmos, coneflowers and daisies.

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Yacon
I posted this on the wrong side :( so here goes again. Is...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
BC palm trees VS S. ON polar vortex
Us poor residents of Toronto have suffered a bad winter...
Paul_Ont
Hi from Alabama, I have a question about immigration...
Hello Everyone, I've been lurking here reading your...
STROBE
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
very good price for seedling heat mats
Home hardware has the 10" x 20" seedling...
dowlinggram
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™