help me identify

florence-2007March 5, 2007

I HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE A MINATURE DEBUTANTEBUT CANNOT FIND A NAME. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forrestal(Gulf Coast z8b)

I have been searching my mind Florence but the truth is, there are so many named varieties in older gardens like yours which were never widely distributed, but found their way into larger collections. So many varieties were being introduced during the last half of the 20th century that nobody now would recognize because the registrations did not have photos back then and they are not very common varieties. I was looking at a list last night of pre-1950 registrations from my immediate area, and am sure I have seen many of them but didn't know what I was looking at. If you can post an image that may help. And there are a few experienced nurserymen who hang out on the ACS website who may be able to identify, you may want to post an image there as well. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 8:54PM
florence-2007

THANKS, I'M GOING TO GET THINGS TOGETHER AND PUT SOME PHOTOS ON BUT THINGS HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY AROUND HERE.
I'M LOOKING AT GOING TO FRANCE NEXT SPRING TO VISIT GARDENS. FIRST, I HAVE LOTS OF WORK TO DO HERE. I ALSO WANT TO GET THINGS IN ORDER TO NAME SOME OF OUR SEEDLINGS.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 3:55PM
florence-2007

FORRESTAL, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT MY ARAJISHI SCION IS ONE OF THE FEW THAT IS DOING GREAT. PERHAPS I SHOULDN'T HAVE BRAGGED ON IT YET.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
winter snowman ice angels camellia in Massachusetts
Hi all, I would love to have a camellia in my new yard...
spunky_MA_z6
Camellia photos
Here's a photo of a bloom from my 'Sweet Jane' hybrid...
vmr423
Camellia Dying?
My cameliia was covered all winter with the white garden...
pattysheehan
CAN'T Find this one!!
Greetings folks, Well, the old expression of there...
cactusrequiem
any truly freeze-resistant camellia flowers?
It seems like when camellias are discussed as winter-blooming...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™