transplanting camillia bush

jessyg1984April 4, 2011

I have a beautiful 5 year old camillia bush at my current home. My husband and I are moving at the end of this month and I was wondering if it would be ok to dig it up now. I have always been told not to dig up plants when they are blooming, but wasn't sure if it would be ok in this situation. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God Bless

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I would dig the new hole first and then dig up the plant when you can move it. Water it the day before you plan to dig it up. It reduces the stress a little more, especially when one digs up the old plant and -for whatever reason- delays planting on the new location. Get as much of the rootball as you can and keep it moist. Cover the soil to keep it moist and intact. Do not let the leaves wind burn on the outside of a pick up truck, if you can help it.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 5:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jay_7bsc(8a)

You need to be mindful of the clauses in real estate sales contracts that govern the shrubbery and trees planted on a parcel of real estate. I think the ornamental horticulture is considered a part of the real estate that is being sold. Therefore, the seller of the real estate is obligated to leave the shrubbery and trees in place, exactly as they are, unless special legal arrangements are made.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
Camellia Sinensis Dying - Please Help!
Around the beginning of the year, I received a camellia...
goldenjoe
camillia for porch
the porch is screened with southern exposure and i'd...
zippity1
Where can I find Professor C. Sargent?
Basically, I've fallen in love with the look of this...
oberci
CAN'T Find this one!!
Greetings folks, Well, the old expression of there...
cactusrequiem
Will this camellia bloom soon?
I have 6 fairly new camellia bushes (most have bright...
Sarah Bain
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™