identification

florence-2007May 5, 2012

I went to the Bob 'Erhart?', California, site and found wonderful pictures of camellias but none were identified. Am I missing something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ReneL

Hello
There are plants starting to grow in 3 different locations in my garden. I didn't plant them and I'm trying to identify them. None of them have blooms yet but the larger one (about 18 inches now) looks like it might be a camellia. I was wondering if it's possible that birds might have dropped the seeds in my garden and wondered if anyone had an opinion about wheather or not birds carry and drop camellia seeds. I searched the web but didn't find any info. Thanks!

Bookmark   June 2, 2012 at 2:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
florence-2007

Many things are possible in the camellia world. I have not heard of this before, but, unless you saw the bird you might not know. However, a camellia seed may be too large for the average bird to carry. Water can transport seeds. Are camellia plants in your area?
I know it's difficult, but either post a picture or wait until spring to see if it does produce a bud, then a bloom. A flower bud is usually rounded, a leaf bud more elongated.
If you know of someone nearby who does have camellias, you could ask them for a general comparison
Hope this helps

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Camellia Ashley Eden?
Hello. I just succumbed to a little plant covered with...
rosie
camillia for porch
the porch is screened with southern exposure and i'd...
zippity1
What's on these leaves?
Hello, could someone tell me what's happening to this...
PFCMCL
Any non-sinensis Camellia used for tea?
Does anyone know if any of the camellias besides camellia...
merrybookwyrm
Camellia blooms for January
Finally a lack of fog let me roam outside and found...
Hogette-gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™