Leaves Yellowing/Browning & Falling Off-'Kick Off' Camelia

Ann_SMay 18, 2005

Hi, I planted a Camelia Japonica "Kick Off" one year ago. It seemed to be thriving..had nice dark, waxy leaves and bloomed beautifully last month. Yesterday, I noticed that there were many leaves on the ground surrounding it. It appears that the old growth leaves have become dull, have yellowing in their veins (some have browned edges as well) and are falling off....lots of them. I can detect some very minute dark specks here and there on the leaves. I'm guessing some type of bug, but I want to know how to properly treat it. It has quite a bit of new growth, which has not been affected as of yet. Hope someone can guide me in the right direction. (I have 2 other Camelias...different varieties that seem fine.) Could this be something that is prone to the "Kick Off" variety? Thanks!....Ann S

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenny_in_se_pa(USDA7 Sunset 32)

We have been dry as a bone the past couple weeks. Are you watering your baby?

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 6:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forrestal(Gulf Coast z8b)

Not to worry, this is the normal time of year for leaf drop, accompanied by the new growth. Your description of the leaves that are falling (and about to shed), along with the new growth, sounds perfectly routine to me, and just like all of mine. Keep smiling!

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Camelia - Buttons N Bow
Hello - I bought the Button N Bows Camelia. I planted...
robbbyva
Help with Camellias
I have purchased 2 camellia plants in the middle of...
Camellia2000
anyone growing one of the 'Tama' varieties in a cold zn 7?
If so, how did they fare after last winter? I do see...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
Any non-sinensis Camellia used for tea?
Does anyone know if any of the camellias besides camellia...
merrybookwyrm
CAN'T Find this one!!
Greetings folks, Well, the old expression of there...
cactusrequiem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™