Where to buy camellias?

brandyray(Coastal NC/8a)May 30, 2007

Can someone recommend a website w/ lots of pics? I have bought some from Camellia forest nursery but their site lacks pics. What colors do camellias come in? I know red and white and striped and cream and lots of shades of pink, what about apricot or peach colors? Please share some good sources for camellias. thanks, Brandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr

Camellia flowers have many forms: single, semi double, anemone, peony and formal double. They come in red, pink, white and yellow colors. They also have some striped varieties (white with either a shade of pink or red). Japonica and SasanquaÂs reach 7-12 feet high, 5-7 feet wide. Japonicas are typically upright with a pyramidal form while SasanquaÂs are usually more columnar and spreading.

A webite that has lots of pictures is Monrovia's: www.monrovia.com. Click on "Advanced Search". On the next page, type "camellia" in SEARCH BY KEYWORD and click the GO Button. Or set SELECT CATEGORY to CAMELLIAS, enter any other search parameters and click the GO Button at the bottom.

Luis

Here is a link that might be useful: Monrovia Advanced Search Webpage

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 8:47PM
brandyray(Coastal NC/8a)

Thank you, Luis. I was able to look up 2 of the ones I have. And I found one I like- Bonanza, too bad it is not available anywhere around here. Brandy

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 9:45PM
luis_pr

Hello, brandyray. I have ordered Monrovia products before by special order from a local nursery that carries Monrovia products. Although this local company carries some of Monrovia's camellias, I have had to special order some that they do not always carry. Ask/look around in NC because Bonanza is a common variety. I have even seen it at HD and Lowe's in past years. This is not the time of year when nurseries stock up with camellias but look around locally before special ordering or mail/Internet ordering. If you have HD Landscape outlets in NC, check those too. Luis

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 7:38AM
brandyray(Coastal NC/8a)

Thank you for the ideas. Realistically, the last thing I need is any add'l plants to plant and tend to this time of the year! I will wait till fall. Meanwhile, maybe some others will write in w/ places to look at pics and/or order from. Brandy

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 6:44PM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

Indigo Nursery near Pauley's Island, SC has fantastic variety of large plants at very nice prices. Also, you cold make a day trip to Camellia Forest in Chapel Hill - David Parks has it all.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 5:13AM
More Discussions
Camellia sinensis in zone 10
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice...
borgf15
Camellia Dying?
My cameliia was covered all winter with the white garden...
pattysheehan
What's on these leaves?
Hello, could someone tell me what's happening to this...
PFCMCL
Camellia Ashley Eden?
Hello. I just succumbed to a little plant covered with...
rosie
Pink Perfection or Nuccio's Cameo?
I love the color and form of Pink Perfection and Nuccio's...
astphard
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™