Need ID from 1967 or 1968

theroselvrJune 3, 2012

I'm trying to ID a red Camellia from 1967 or 1968. My dad originally bought it from 2 Guys. I do not have access to the plant any more. We tried to root cuttings using different methods for a few years & could never get it to root.

My dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer soon after these pics; ended up moving & this house was sold. I was going to try to have it dug up & moved to one of our houses but we did not have time. I regret not taking it.

Thank you for any help you can provide. His birthday would have been July 7th; would be nice to finally have an ID. Dads Camellia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
florence-2007

How considerate of you to want to chase this down. Yes, it is a pity that you did not succeed in your rootings. Perhaps you could still get some cuttings and have someone in a local camellia society root them for you.

In order to attempt to identify, I would have to see it completely open. It looks as though it could be several ones. Thank you for sharing your story.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 9:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theroselvr

Sorry; I just realized I didn't have a full shot. I know I have some & will find it when I switch computers

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Camellia Dying?
My cameliia was covered all winter with the white garden...
pattysheehan
anyone growing one of the 'Tama' varieties in a cold zn 7?
If so, how did they fare after last winter? I do see...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
Will this camellia bloom soon?
I have 6 fairly new camellia bushes (most have bright...
Sarah Bain
Camellia Sinensis Dying - Please Help!
Around the beginning of the year, I received a camellia...
goldenjoe
Camellia blooms for January
Finally a lack of fog let me roam outside and found...
Hogette-gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™