suggestions for long-blooming fragrant container plants
So I want it all!: beautiful, fragrant, long-blooming plants for my containers.
What I've tried in previous years:
- tuberose and spider lily Sulphur Queen: both too short of bloom time
- nicotiana: only scented at night and not very nice-looking
- sweet pea: looked scraggly right away, scent was too weak
- datura: didn't make enough progress in one season and I don't have space to overwinter indoors
- scented geraniums: the delicious odor only comes from crushing their leaves.
Has anyone grown scented begonias (I have containers for both shade and sun)? What's your experience?