omg! WHAT happened to my ghost plant!

KittieKATApril 29, 2014

Ijust noticed my beautiful ghost plant has a hole in it!?!?! I searched for bugs but haven't found any sign?!?! And i looked it over and am seeing shriveled bruising that wasn't there before, it hasn't been watered in a while so i don't think its over or under watering, could this be a bug or an animal eating my plant and causing it to die!

PLEASE help my beautiful plant!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KittieKAT

Any ideas? Sorry shaky picture

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 4:41PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Pls try for one FOCUSED pic, if you need to prop your hand holding the camera in place, or brace it, that might help.

The 2nd pic shows, nothing (sorry). Can't tell but it doesn't matter, care would be the same.

Am guessing mechanical damage from the hole, but can't see it well enough to tell.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 6:42PM
nomen_nudum

Better focus will help for now in my opinion looks like over watered while it was in the cold for to long

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 7:19PM
spapa

Also that isn't ghost plant (Graptopetalum paraguayense). It is Graptopetalum pentandrum ssp. superbum. Just for future reference!

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 9:57PM
KittieKAT

Yea i know its a supperbum, but i was guessing there all part of the ghost family guess I'm not a smarty pants! It. Grown in doors only by a nice sunny window, my first thought was a bird ora bug? The mushy side i was thinking some one knocked it over and picked it up so i wouldn't notice and just ISN'T going to come out and say it, or someone's been using my plant water and filling itup with sink water. I'll take better pics

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:36AM
KittieKAT

This plant can't be over watered ir under watered it rarely gets watered enough for worry but itsa succulent i know it'll be fine, I'm worried someone's drinking my plant water and filling it up with sink water or someone dropped it or squeezed it, or its recovering from damage?

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This succulent was growing along with cactus, it looks...
maufie123
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
Help needed with cutting
Hey guy I have a neighbour who has this jade first...
Hamza Nobes
Aeonium hybrids from Southern California
these always look great this time of year (their 'happy...
palmbob
Kalanchoes outdoors in southern California
the following are some photos of some of the less common...
palmbob
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™