beneficial nematodes update - one year later

bonniepunch(USDAz4 AgCanz5a)April 26, 2006

This time last year I discovered I had a pretty bad wire worm problem. I found hundreds of them when I dug up my pots of perennials in the spring. So I treated with beneficial nematodes.

I just finished digging up my pots for this year and the population is almost wiped out. I found ten, and I was really looking hard for them. I probably missed a few, but the numbers were waaaaaay down.

I'll probably need to treat every year or two, if I want to keep them in check, but it's great to find something safe that worked really well.

BP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raptorfan(z5 Ont, Cda)

that's great you posted your findings, i was considering using them. Glad it worked for you!

    Bookmark   April 26, 2006 at 1:56PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Innovative New Plant Pot
Hello fellow garden enthusiasts! We are college students...
bcitco
Brampton Hardiness Zone
Hello all, Is anyone of you expert on Hardiness Zones. Could...
radovan
Tayberry plants
Hi fellow garderners, I used to order Tayberry plant...
maskoutain
What to do with a swampy yard - new homeowner needs ideas!
My yard is a wet sponge. I have a lovely crop of skunk...
jbobs
Hey, where'd the Canadian Exchange go...
It seems to have disappeared.
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™