Perry Camellia Show

spartacuslivesOctober 11, 2009

The Middle Georgia Camellia Show will be hosting the first Camellia Show of the season in Perry, Georgia as part of the Georgia National Fair On Saturday October 17 & Sunday October 18, 2009. If you are in the area and love camellias, the Perry Show will be a real treat. You can see camellia blooms from some of the best growers in the south.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Web Show Schedule

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamesmaloy

Spartacuslives, Do you know if any of the shows listed will also have camellia plants for sale. I would like to find some venue on that order. Most of the local nurseries only want to sale 3gal or larger size plants. Other that the box stores, Which only handle a few varieties and have to sell those before they restock. Any ideas. Thanks for your help

James Maloy

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 12:34AM
luis_pr

I would get on the car and check out some of those well known camellia nurseries in FL, James. NW of Orlando, in Ocala, you can go see Bob Wines Camellia Gardens. Closer to Orlando, visit Erinon Nursery in Plymouth. And not a nursery but worth a trip is Harry P Leu Gardens in Orlando, bordering Lake Rowena and with well over 2000 camellias varieties. I am told it is very nice!

Here is a link that might be useful: Harry P Leu Gardens

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 3:58AM
spartacuslives

James, There are a number of the shows that do sell plants at there shows. I am not sure if Perry does. You can click on the schedule in the original post, and contact any of the contact people to see which shows have plants for sale. I know that Valdosta, Orlando, & Tampa do have plants for sale, but not sure which others do.There is a contact listing of nurseries that sell camellias on the Camellia Web website. Hope this info helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Web Market Place

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 6:12AM
More Discussions
camillia for porch
the porch is screened with southern exposure and i'd...
zippity1
Where can I find Professor C. Sargent?
Basically, I've fallen in love with the look of this...
oberci
Recent visit to flower market in China
Lot's of Camellias Part 1 of 2 But this is a rose.
jujujojo_gw
Camellia sinensis in zone 10
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice...
borgf15
any truly freeze-resistant camellia flowers?
It seems like when camellias are discussed as winter-blooming...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™