Tree Collards-looking for help

pjames(8/LA)March 17, 2011

I have been trying to find some place to get some tree collard plants, or at least a handful of cuttings that I can try to sprout.

The only place I have found online is not going to have any until at least August.

I was wondering if anybody out there in california would be willing to make cuttings and send them to me in one of those "if it fits, it ships" boxes the post office has.

I'd also like to try some of the Okinawa spinach that john kohler decribes in this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens

My page has my email if anybody is willing to help. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wellspringorganics(9)

Shoot me an email - I have cuttings.
I'll be posting to a blog shortly everything there is to know about cultivating Tree Collards that comes from 20 years growing them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree Collards

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 8:38AM
climbthemtns(Zone 8 to 10)

I (wellspringorganics) am no longer offering the tree collard cuttings. the only know online source I know of is http://www.bountifulgardens.org/products.asp?dept=141
they will be offering them June 2012. monitor their site regularly starting June as they sell out quickly.

happy digging!

Bookmark   January 3, 2012 at 12:08PM
climbthemtns(Zone 8 to 10)

To all of those looking for cuttings, "Nathan of First Light Food" now has them available. You can contact him at:

Nathan Boone - nathan@firstlightfood.com

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 12:01PM
doginthegarden

I came across some tree collards yesterday in the western San Fernando Valley, at the Green Thumb on Sherman Way. There were about a dozen in 4" pots, quite healthy looking. I bought three of them. I was so pleased to find them! Green Thumb is a great nursery for unusual items - earlier this year I bought a peanut plant start there, which I've never seen in a nursery here and looked interesting. Alas, the bunnies found a gap in my bunny fence the very next day and decimated it.

Now I have to figure out where to plant the tree collards! Will read other threads on the subject but the tag says they will grow to 8-10 feet tall - I wonder if they need support (fence or trellis)?

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Victoria Red Grape source?
It looks like Double A isn't shipping to California...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
Northern California Roll Call!!!! 2.0
Did I miss it? Part 1 was closed http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/calif/msg1019364625268.html?150 Nanelle...
nanelle_gw
You can look up your water company on this site
Here's an interesting site where you can look up your...
socks
Please Help: Sheet Mulching leads to Bermuda Grass Nightmare!
Ok so we decided to lose our lawn "The Bay Friendly...
ktgrandy
Homeless Veteran Gardening
Hello, Well, I'm back after taking a rather serious...
bearstate
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™