Nurseries near Halifax

MaeT(z5 NL, Canada)April 16, 2006

I will be in Dartmouth the 3rd week in April and was wondering what nurseries are in that area. I am also looking for a pond supply store to check out while I am there. I did have the name of one but have lost it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tiffy_z5_6_can(5/6)

Since you'll be in Dartmouth, I'd suggest Lakelands Plant World on Main St. It would be on your left 'going out' after the Forest Hills Parkway. Probably your best bet at this time. Lots to see, so make time.

Unfortunately, the best nurseries (and largest) in Nova Scotia are beyond the city limits in the Annapolis Valley and in the South Shore area. That's my opinion. Examples of this are Den Hanns in Middleton (WOW!), and Pinetree (?) in Bridgewater.

But Lakelands is up there in my book.

Bookmark   April 16, 2006 at 5:17PM
dee_can1

And, Blomidon's in Wolfville - about 45 mins to an hour outside of Halifax. And, (lol) Briar Patch in Berwick. Tiffy, Den Haan's has just expanded - I was just there on Saturday, and I'm pretty impresssed. (maet - the nurseries I mentioned are all in the Annapolis Valley area.)

Bookmark   April 17, 2006 at 7:19AM
MaeT(z5 NL, Canada)

Thanks, I am going to check out those nurseries online to see exactly where they are located. We may be driving up to Bridgewater area to visit our friends daughter. Also still trying to find where to buy pond supplies. Did have the address of a store near Pictou but can't find it online now either.

Bookmark   April 19, 2006 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Help me kill the Goutweed (Aegopodium)
Further to the post regarding the sale of goutweed: Please...
vicki_vale
Charisma Lilac
I bought and planted two Charisma lilacs in May 2010....
Mary.13
hardy annuals
hey all i live on vancouver island, just wondering...
tomlinson04
Hi from Alabama, I have a question about immigration...
Hello Everyone, I've been lurking here reading your...
STROBE
Does anyone know what's up with Spring Garden.ca?
Hi, I'm waiting on some bittersweet vines that I've...
lilies_and_roses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™