Alfalfa Meal or Pellets - Montreal Area

judith5bmontrealApril 12, 2008

Hi there everyone. I was hoping someone here could help in my search for alfalfa meal or pellets in the Montreal area. My brother has been looking for me in the Laurentians area, since there are a lot of riding stables around where he lives, but so far, no luck. Everything seems to have additives in it, no one seems to carry pure alfalfa meal.

Anyone here from the Montreal area know of a source? My roses and I would be forever grateful for any help you can give us!

Judith

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dee_can1

Superstore in Nova Scotia was selling alfalfa pellets (President's Choice, I think) at the garden centre two years ago; unfortunately, they didn't sell it last year. I'm hoping they will have it this year, though.

So, if you have the Superstore (aka Loblaws, I believe, in other provinces), you could try there.

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 6:15PM
judith5bmontreal

Hi Dee,
so sorry I haven't returned to check this post. Thank you so much for the suggestions. Loblaw's garden center in my area doesn't carry them this year, but I mentioned to the manager that a lot of people use it for their roses, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some in. Hope he goes for it. Anyway, I would be his best customer if he does!
The search continues....
Judith

Bookmark   June 22, 2008 at 10:33AM
kanuk(Zone 5 Qc Canada)

Judith
I bought a 50lb bag at the only Co-op store in St-Antoine-sur-Richelieu. It is horse feed. It cost $17.61 including tax.
It was May 15/08 and they had two bags in stock. I have the phone number & address if you want. Let me know.
St-Antoine is off Hwy 30 in the direction of Sorel-Tracy.
It is called "Célébrité-Ration Complete pour Chevaux"
I hope this helps you.
PS. I thought a 50lb bag was ridiculous but believe me...it goes fast and it stores well. I use it to fertilize the lawn as well.

Bookmark   June 22, 2008 at 10:23PM
judith5bmontreal

Hi Kanuk! I just checked in again here, and found your response. That sounds great - I would love it if you could give me the phone number and address. Thanks so much.
Judith

Bookmark   June 26, 2008 at 8:18PM
kanuk(Zone 5 Qc Canada)

Hi Judith
I sent the information to both of your email addresses.
KanuK

Bookmark   June 27, 2008 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
Canadian Garden blogs
I would love to collect a list of Canadian garden blogs...
Crafty Gardener
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
very good price for seedling heat mats
Home hardware has the 10" x 20" seedling...
dowlinggram
overseeding a lawn in vancouver
Hi all, My front yard is... a mess. The house is new...
dalans
Best Nurseries to order from?
This is a dangerous time of year...still snow everywhere...
hmacgarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™