mystery spring perennial

jessebird(5 ON Canada)May 7, 2008

I need help identifying this flower. It has tubular white/yellow flowers with celery like foliage. I posted an image on the test forum but can't seem to be able to post it here. Please look at the image under mystery spring perennial. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marricgardens

I looked at the picture of your plant and I think it is corydalis lutea. Marg

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 3:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cailinriley(z3 Calgary AB)

It's Corydalis nobilis. Lovely flowers. Here's some cultural info I found for you:

"Corydalis nobilis
Zone 4 ~ Height: to 50cm/20in ~ Sun to part shade, average soil --A central Asian corydalis that produces dense heads of light yellow flowers with dark lips above clumps of deeply divided blue-green foliage. Because it goes dormant after the seed ripens, it is an excellent plant among deciduous shrubs and late-developing perennials, providing spring interest and then conveniently disappearing into dormancy for the rest of the season."

"A rather large corydalis forming clumps of beautiful blue-green ferny foliage 1 - 1 1/2 ft. tall and wide. Spikes of flowers in early spring are bright yellow with a purply-brown spot at the tip. Relatively short lived, but seeds about dependably in a friendly way. Edit out older plants after they set seed, allowing for new seedlings to take their place. Best with partial shade and regular to moderate water."

Happy growing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Corydalis nobilis

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 7:08PM
More Discussions
Brampton Hardiness Zone
Hello all, Is anyone of you expert on Hardiness Zones. Could...
radovan
overseeding a lawn in vancouver
Hi all, My front yard is... a mess. The house is new...
dalans
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
Raspberry Transplanting
Hi All, We transplanted raspberries yesterday into...
CassidyResort
Does anyone know what's up with Spring Garden.ca?
Hi, I'm waiting on some bittersweet vines that I've...
lilies_and_roses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™